Department of Medicinal and Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- The department was established in 2005 and currently runs courses in M Pharma and PhD apart from undergraduate courses. It is accredited from National Board of Accreditation (NBA) from AICTE. The department is equipped with two undergraduate organic synthesis laboratory, two post graduate laboratories and one sophisticated FTIR instrument. The research activity of the faculty is in the area of drug design and small molecule organic synthesis.
- Acquire NBA accreditation.
- Integrate research in medicinal chemistry with Information Technology through setting up windows and linux based “Computer Aided Drug Design laboratory” with state of the art softwares and advanced computational facilities.
- Organize departmental workshops annually for post graduate students and offer learning opportunities on advanced topics in Medicinal Chemistry.
- Provide departmental environment wherein faculty gets enough space for self-growth.
- Foster international research collaboration with foreign University departments for promoting higher learning.
- Establish department as a center of higher learning in Medicinal Chemistry.
- Equip department with advances in synthetic techniques like microwave assisted synthesis.
- The department is equipped with two undergraduate organic synthesis laboratory, two post graduate laboratories and one sophisticated FTIR instrument.